It's International Women's Day and the kickoff to Women Helping Women Week. Let's celebrate women in our community today, and always! Mayor Woodward and the City of Spokane have proclaimed March 8-14 Women Helping Women Week.
We believe women should have equal opportunity, unlimited potential, and be celebrated across our community. Here are five ways to show your support:
1. Support women-owned businesses! Make a purchase, share your favorites businesses on social. Make sure to follow Numerica Credit Union on social this week for great giveaways from local women-owned businesses.
2. Women were one of the demographics hit especially hard during the past year. Nonprofits have gone above and beyond to serve the influx of clients who are in need of their services at this time. The best way you can help to support women this week is to contribute to nonprofits that help women. If you would like some ideas, visit our website at whwfspokane.org/grantees
3. Make sure that you're taking care of yourself during #WHWWeek2021. As women we can feel guilty when we put ourselves first, but intentionally setting aside time to recuperate is important for our mental and emotional health.
4. The Spokane County Library District compiled a wonderful list of books to read in honor of #WHWWeek2021 and Women's History Month. View the full list at https://scld.overdrive.com/collection/1183106
5. You can keep making a difference locally with your time, talent and treasure.
Volunteer your time at one of the many nonprofit organizations serving women in our community. Share your talent by lending your skills to a nonprofit through board or committee involvement. (Psst... WHWF is accepting board applications right now. Visit whwfspokane.org/boardmember)